The L.A. County Arboretum is free the third Tuesday each month. That means this coming Tuesday, July 17, 2012 is your opportunity to go hug some trees! If you’d rather keep your hands to yourself, there are plenty of sights of the non-tree variety all over the arboretum’s 127 campus. Highlights include the Queen Anne Cottage and gardens famous from the opening credits of “Fantasy Island,” the Mayberg Waterfall, and the Garden for All Seasons.
Most recent posts
- On hiatus
- YUCK! Warnings on several local beaches.
- Free chance to stargaze
- Great way to find things to do in L.A.
- Looking for a quick family getaway at a cheap price?
- Still looking for a free yoga opportunity?
- Travel back in time at the Banning Museum
- Labor Day weekend isn’t over yet!
- Great fun at the OC Great Park!
- Ready to have a grand time at the Grand Park?
- What’s a pinniped?
- Wanna hug a tree without paying a fee?
- Want to cha-cha, but don’t know how?
- Want to take the kids to LACMA, but unsure where to begin?
- Stairway to Heaven
- Kids love board games, but you’d rather they play outdoors?
- Wanna see some really cool origami?
- Kids bored? Give them something fun to do at the library!
- Why pay to see butterflies? Here’s a free option!
Looking for something in particular?
Tags2012 amusement park animals art arts artwalk astronomy bargain beach beverly hills books boys budget california cars car show cheap cheap vacation children classes clothes concerts coupon date night downtown families family family fun farm festival free free concert free day fun healthy history homestead museum ice skating jen's list Jewish kids L.A. LACMA ladies-only lessons library Long Beach Los Angeles Malibu marina del rey Metro music nov. 16 October open house park Pasedena pelicans planes rail san diego San Pedro santa monica sea lions shopping skirball snow SoCal southern california subway sukkot surfing teens travel vacation